Why do people offer webinars? Sure, some of them want to get the word out about their causes, but most hosts know that webinars are a great way to make money. Here are just some of the ways you can make money with your webinar:
- Charge for registration. Charge people for access to your webinar. How much you can charge ranges from a few dollars to thousands of dollars; obviously, the higher the rate, the higher the perceived value needs to be. I would suggest that you keep the registration fees on the lower end of the scale when you first get started. It will give you a chance to prove your value to your market before you ask them to invest huge amounts of cash up front.
- Charge for the recordings. You can generate income by making the initial webinar free, and then charging for the webinar video or audio recording or both. How much you can charge will depend on your market, the content, and the length of the webinar.
Here’s a special strategy: When people register, you can invite them to buy the video recording and or audio recording at a pre-event special discount, and then raise the price after the webinar has taken place. This sort of pricing strategy provides an incentive to act “now.”
- Sell your own products. You can also sell your own products either towards the end of the webinar or even after in a follow-up email. The products should be related to your webinar and be useful to your target market.
- Sell an affiliate product. If you don’t have your own products to sell, offer your attendees a special offer on a related affiliate product, perhaps one created by your guest expert.
- Turn the contents of the webinar into an eBook. When you conduct a webinar, don’t think that’s the end of it! Transcribe it and turn it into an eBook.
- Run a series of webinars. Think creatively about new ways to package and present your content. Take a series of related webinars and bundle the audios together into a larger product for sale to your market.
- Turn your webinars into physical or digital products. The video recording and audios can be made into DVD sets and if transcribed can be turned into physical books that you can sell on Amazon.
There are many ways to make money even if you don’t charge an upfront fee for your webinar registration. You can use several of the above methods to turn your webinars into multiple streams of income.
How about you? Can you add to this list? I love getting feedback. Here on my blog, you’ll get commentluv. This is a an opportunity to leave a link back to your own site when you leave a comment.
Until next time,